Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Paper Butterfly

It is hard to imagine the impact this cute little paper butterfly can make as a small detail piece in a tablesetting.  I asked myself, would the Easter tablescape be the same without the butterflies in the tablesetting and floral arrangement?  



 I tried just that.  I wanted to see just what would happen if I removed the butterflies that were placed on the napkins and in the floral arrangement.  Would it make much difference? What do you think?

Without Butterflies
With Butterflies



















It certainly does.  I know now not to under estimate the power of this little detail. In my opinion, the paper butterfly, as an element of detail, has a huge influence on the ambience of the table.  Who would think a small folded piece of paper would have that much of a punch to the total effect of the table.

If you are interested in learning how to fold this sweet, brightly colored, dazzling critter, please visit the instructions on the following link for step-by-step pictures.


Happy Spring!

Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment