Tuesday, November 7, 2023

A Simple Fruit and Greenery Tablescape

Fall is here with its cool weather and the desire to feel warm and cozy.  It is not yet time for me to get into the Christmas holiday mood, but close to it.  I am sure many of us Christmas fans have given some thought about what we would like to do this year to celebrate the holiday.  There are some enthusiasts who have already started to decorate, particularly putting up their tree, and I say....go for it!  However, for me it is time to enjoy this beautiful and exhilarating season but gather some ideas of what I would like to do, including any tips on how to transition from Fall into the Christmas holiday rather easily as things get busy.  

By this, I mean designing my Simple Fruit and Greenery Tablescape for the Thanksgiving Blog Hop hosted by Panoply which includes many tablescape designers who have a passion for creating some of the most incredible Fall Thanksgiving holiday tablescapes.  The hop begins Tuesday, November 7, 2023 and The Little Yellow Corner Store is also one of the participants.  Just visit each of the links below to indulge in some one-of-the-kind Fall holiday tablescape designs.  

To continue with my explanation of a transitional tablescape, it is my plan to tie my Thanksgiving "A Simple Fruit and Greenery Ttablescape" into one I can use with this year's Cardinal Woodland theme Christmas tree and mantel.  This is all in the planning stage and, of course, I am sure you will agree with me when I say what is in my head doesn't always match the results that I achieve, but, for the most part, I believe it will work and look amazing.  Perhaps you would be happy to share your feedback or suggestions.  I welcome any comments.

Here are my ideas.  The tree will be a slightly modified woodland tree with plenty of pinecones, red berries, birds, pods, deer antlers and bird nests, but this year, it will include red cardinals.  The fireplace mantel will include a framed art print of cardinals, cardinal figurines, greenery, pinecones and snow.  Therefore, I believe my current Simple Fruit and Greenery Tablescape can serve both as a fall tablescape and with the addition of a few other items, like red berries and some red glass ornaments, it can fit or transition beautifully into Christmas and complement nicely with the other decor throughout the house.  What do you think?  So if time runs out to design a totally different table for Christmas, I can tweak what I have and make it work.  It also saves money.  All of the items I had on hand.  Nothing was newly purchased.  

So now let's start with my own table before you are mesmerized by the dazzling Fall Thanksgiving  tablescapes of all of the other designers in this hop.  

I started with a cream colored tablecloth which, I believe helped to play up the cream colored placemats trimmed with greenery, pinecones and burgundy ribbon.  The matching napkin was gently folded to expose the lovely design.  



Of course, the raised or embossed cream color pinecone dinnerware set made a great choice for this fall/winter tablescape.  



Using a wreath with plenty of fruits and greenery with a clear "floating candle" bowl, makes for a lovely centerpiece that complements the greenery in the design in the placemats and napkins.   





Using a pop of red in the floating candles, votive candle holders, stemware and dessert cups made the table come to life and will make the table suitable for winter and the Christmas holiday when the time comes.  




I found that with all of the cream and dark green colors going on, the table needed more pop.  At first, the burgundy color in the napkin design was considered as the accent color for the table, but it didn't have the attention grabbing effect.  So one by one red accents were added such as the champagne glasses and stemmed dessert cups.  It was obvious that it was a better color choice, so a few more bright red berries were also added that brightened the table a bit more.  The color red also allowed me to make use of some red rose floating candles that I had on hand for a long time.  












So when Christmas approaches, I can fill the glass bowl with red ornaments without candles or I could use red cranberries with white floating candles and some table mirrors, red glitter net garland or a silver glitter runner for holiday bling.  The possibilities are endless from this simple and basic table design.  Be sure to visit again, as I transition the table for the Christmas holiday.  

Are you ready?  Now cozy up with a cup of hot apple cider or the following recipe for my favorite Tangerine OrangeSpiced Tea and enjoy each of the following designers who put together some amazing Fall designs in tablescaping.  Nothing spells Fall and Thanksgiving holiday than this simple fruit tea.  



Just one tea bag, some cloves, anise stars, cinnamon stick and a slice of orange makes an incredibly warm and tasty cup of holiday inspired tea.  With or without honey, it is an amazing cup of tea for the many cold weather days ahead.

Tangerine Orange Tea

1 bag of Celestial Seasoning Tangerine Orange Tea

2 clove pods

2 anise pods

1 cinnamon stick

1 tsp honey, if desired

1 slice of sweet orange

Hot water

Add ingredients tea bag and spices to a cup and add hot water.  Steep bag for 5 minutes and remove.  Add orange slice and honey and enjoy.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!



Hyacinths for the Soul - A Tribute to Tom Turkey
My Thrift Store Addiction - Friendsgiving Charcuterie and Wine Buffet
Me and My Captain - Thankful, Grateful
The Painted Apron - Eat, Drink & Be Thankful
The Cat's Whiskerz - Giving Thanks Wherever You Are
Belle Bleu Interiors - Gather with a Grateful Heart
From My Carolina Home - Turkey Time Tablescape
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Oh, So Thankful
The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Simple Fruit and Greenery Tablescape

14 comments:

  1. Lovely table for both holidays - Carole @ From My Carolina Home (your blog isn't allowing me to comment with by email)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your floating candle centerpiece is so pretty, and I love orange tea, too! It's a pleasure to join you and I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to do a tablescape that can transition to Christmas. Your centerpiece is so beautiful! it is fun blog hopping with you today! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that this table easily transitions to Christmas. I love the pinecone details, especially on your plates. The simpler centerpiece can be changed throughout the season. Thank you SO MUCH for posting the tea recipe. It sounds so delicious, and I will try it this week (I'm pinning it to my Winter Pinterest Board). Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Marsha, you won't have any trouble transitioning it to Christmas, the colors are already there! I love your pretty pine cone plates and the floating candle centerpiece. I love the red stemware too, so festive! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and then it's on to Christmas!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely table Marsha. i love how you can transition from Thanksgiving into Christmas. The centerpiece is gorgeous. Love the floating candles. The red compotes and glassware are so pretty. Those pinecone dinner plates are very striking. Beautifully decorated. Many blessings to you and your family Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean by tables not always turning out as you envisioned them, but that's half the fun because they often turn out better! Love the rose floating candles, such a pretty touch. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely holiday table! Yes, it easily transitions from November to December. Clever! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. While so many of us transition from early to late fall in planning our Thanksgiving tables, I love the idea of thinking forward and transitioning from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Marsha, this is a brilliant idea in a season where we can certainly get caught up in the busy-ness of the season. Your table looks lovely, and I love a woodland theme. It will actually carry through well beyond Christmas. Your centerpiece will work for the entire season. I love the very versatile pinecone dinnerware.
    Marsha, thank you for being a part of this tablescape blog hop, and I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha, You are way ahead of the game planning for your Christmas tree, mantel and table! I love a woodland theme, whether it’s a table or tree and am a bird lover. The Cardinal is our state bird and we always have them at our feeders. Your pine cone dinnerware is so versatile for fall, Christmas or winter. As always, it’s a treat to have a virtual seat at your table. Wishing you a wonderful season of Thanksgiving! 🦃

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marsha, your table is gorgeous! I love how you created a table that transitions perfectly from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Your centerpiece is beautiful, and I adore the woodland theme. It is always a joy to join you on these hops. I hope that you have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marsha, I absolutely loved this post! Your ideas about transitioning from fall and Thanksgiving to Christmas are, as Rita says, brilliant. Your pinecone plates are just gorgeous and will serve you well from fall throughout winter, including Christmas, as will the cream colored tablecloth and napkins. The centerpiece wreath with berries and greens and the clear bowl with floating candles (plus the many other options) is genius. You can take this table so many places and your woodland tree for Christmas will fit right in. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas and inspiration and wishing you a most lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marsha, thinking through your ideas to transition your lovely table into Christmas saving both time and money is a great idea. The embossed cream colored dinner plates will be perfect all through fall and winter. The fruit wreath surrounding the centerpiece is ideal for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. With ornaments replacing the floating candles it transitions perfectly. The pops of red add excitement to the table and can stay through Christmas.it is always a pleasure to hop with you. Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving season!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marsha, This is a beautiful transition table. I love the embossed pinecone plates. I will be looking forward to your changes for Christmas. I have you have a happy Thanks giving!

    ReplyDelete