Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Pucker Up Lemony Tablescape.....It Is Time To Have A Bee...utiful Day!

Sunshine and warmer weather at last!  The next four months will be a time to enjoy the outdoors.  It is definitely beach-going, porch-sitting, outside-eating weather.  One of my favorite things to do when temperatures rise and a breeze gently blows through the trees is to make a pitcher of slightly sweet but more tart fresh lemonade and observe nature from the porch.  Nothing quenches the thirst any better.  It signals that Spring and Summer seasons are at our doorstep.

As we celebrate such an occasion, I needed to visually express the feeling or mood that the summer season brings by designing my simple Pucker Up Lemony Tablescape accented with vibrant yellow lemons and sweet bee decor.  Doesn't it bring a smile?  I am also happy to say that I am not the only one to help applaud the change of seasons.  Please join me in the Summer Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by Rita of Panoply this month.  The party begins Tuesday, June 13, 2023 and includes many talented and gifted tablescapers who wish to share their idea of a jubilant summer time table.  Do not miss out --- be sure to visit all of the links at the end of this post to get great ideas of how to bring festivity to your summer.



A busy bee salad plate with sunny yellow beehives and some bright and tart lemons were my inspiration for this cheerful summer tablescape.







A vibrant yellow and white checkered tablecloth is the foundation for all of this cheerfulness.





Oh that first taste of some tart but yet sweet lemonade.  So very refreshing.  It definitely pushes the reset button after emerging from a struggling Spring.  







And, of course, who can resist the bright, pucker up, citrus flavor of a lemon pie?  















So now.....grab another glass of icy cold lemonade and browse through the following blog links for some unique and extraordinary summer tablescape ideas.  Happy Summer!




Home is Where the Boat Is - Hydrangeas and Butterflies
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Summer Plaid and Polka Dot Picnic
Living With Thanksgiving - Summer Blessings
The Painted Apron - Boats, Floats and Fish!
Pandora's Box - Summer Blues
From My Carolina Home - Welcome Summer Tablescapes
The Bookish Dilettante - Summer Tablescape: Old Glory
Red Cottage Chronicles - Lemon Tablescape for Summer
Hyacinths for the Soul - Long May She Wave
Dinner at Eight - A Summer of Colors

16 comments:

  1. Your yellow table is so you! The bee and hive plates are charming, lovely flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bright and cheery table - the lemonade looks delish as well as the pie! I spy cute milk glass pieces, which I adore! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, I love those cute busy bee salad plates and the freshness of bright and tart lemons! Your checked tablecloth is a wonderful foundation for the bright yellow napkins and butterfly napkin rings. I think I am now craving lemonade and especially a slice of lemon pie. It is always a pleasure to hop with you. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a welcoming sunny, lemony table! Yellow is a favorite color for me, always sparking happiness! Lemons are favorites too! Is there anything lemon that doesn't taste fabulous? Thanks for sharing this happiness! All the best for a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured Summer Marsha, I can almost feel the sun shining! I love your lemony bee table with it's yellow and white checked tablecloth, cute bee plates and the Bee's Knee's pitcher of flowers! A glass of tart lemonade and a lemon pie sound very good on a hot afternoon~ Have a wonderful Summer!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all abuzz over your fun, sunny summer table! You know I love those adorable bee plates! They are set off bee-utifly on the cheery check tablecloth and placemats. And, how cute are the mini pies in the yellow flower paper sleeves! I've used those myself to serve honey flavor cupcakes, and you've inspired me to serve a new summer dessert on my own bee theme table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Lemonade! Love Lemon pie but have never made it as a two crust pie...usually made with meringue or cream...so very interesting. Your table is so refreshing and full of lemons...especially like the lemon plates. The centerpiece of yellow and white just enhance your pretty table. The yellow napkins with the white butterfly napkin ring carries out your theme. You never disappoint at these hops...you inspire both with your recipes and decor. Blessings always and have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, what a gorgeous table you have set here. I love love the sunny cheerful yellow color in the tablecloth, placemats, and napkins. The busy bee plates are adorable and icy cold lemonade and pucker-up lemon pie sound perfect for summer. The flowers are so pretty and perfectly compliment your theme. It was so great hopping with you and I hope you have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute theme for summer: bees and lemons! Your plates are so pretty, and the straws in the Mason jars are fun. I like the pretty yellow and white gingham tablecloth. Gingham is so much fun....one of my favorites. And I LOVE your centerpiece, especially the cute little sign. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha, such a pretty cheerful table all dressed in yellow. From the gingham tablecloth to those darling bee plates. The lace placemats are lovely . I would love a cool glass of lemonade and of course a slice of the lemon pie. Picture perfect for celebrating summer. A pleasure hopping along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunny yellow is always a cheerful intro to lazy summer days! The tablecloth as a foundation makes me smile as do the cute little bees on the salad plates! Of course you had me at fresh homemade! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is the Bee’s Knees Marsha! I love your sweet plates and bee-utiful cheery yellow table. I’m all about our pollinators…next week is National Pollinator Week! Love how your incorporated lemons into your centerpiece and table. Pass a lemon pie my way…lemon is a favorite summer flavor, love how you served them with yellow flower petal wrappers! So happy to join you again at the table and hop with you! Happy Summer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marsha, what a sunny, cheerful table setting! Lemons are perfect for summer and your pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marsha, your sunny bee table is such a cheerful way to welcome summer! Love all the bee touches - I'm a bee girl, too! The yellow checked cloth is so perfect and versatile. I really liked how you layered the placemats - that adds a lot of charm to the scene! Beautiful job!! Happy Summer! ❤️ Jennifer @ Celebrating Everyday Life ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marsha, Your table is happy and cheerful! Those plates are darling and your lemonade sounds wonderful! The lemon pie looks delicious.
    Your yellow check tablecloth is perfect for your themed table.
    It's rainy cats and dogs here all week. We got over 3 inches quickly last evening and had 30-40 mph wind gusts. Very scary. Tornado watches again today. Hope your weather is good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bright and sunny table Marsha! I am quite partial to lemons myself! Your plates are adorable, and the centrepiece is pure sunshine! I have never had a lemon pie like yours, but I can imagine it is delicious! I would be amiss not to mention the yellow checked tablecloth. I need to find one for myself! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete