Saturday, December 16, 2017

A Little Bit of Vintage

Can anyone's love for Christmas with it's many choices in decorating and celebrating styles be enough of a compelling and irresistible reason to want to create several holiday tablescapes in one season?  After seeing some gorgeous Christmas tablescapes during my participation in the Christmas Tablescape Blog Hop 2017,  I couldn't resist my nostalgic inclinations and aimed for yet another holiday tablescape entitled, A Little Bit of Vintage.

Since I did not want the holiday to pass without using some of the Christmas village buildings, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity this year to use a building or two as a decor piece, but this time placed within a apothecary jar.  Of course, as a table's centerpiece, how could I not include using the popular "little red truck" along with a string of old-fashioned color light bulbs to help create a nostalgic scene.  Nowadays, it is so heart warming to reminisce over the fact that as a child growing up in a family which included living with my uncle, there is one memory among many of my uncle being the owner of this kind of cute, cherry red truck complete with its wacky and comical horn.

So peering into this apothecary jar is like gazing back into my childhood.  Join me as we go back in time.......
















































⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑⭑



6 comments:

  1. It's just not Christmas this year without a little red truck with a tree! Love your holly cookie wreath, adorable!! Wonderful warm family table!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post with your Christmas table. Love your red truck plates, they are so popular this year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your tablescapes. I haven’t done one this holiday season. Love the arrangement with the little red truck. That cookie wreath is wonderful! Wishing you a blessed and very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies! That truck! Those perfect bows! You're really rockin the tablescapes this year :).

    Sorry for the late comment. Hope you had a wonderful holiday ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your decor! Great colors, patterns, and textures. Thanks for sharing at Party in Your Pjs.

    ReplyDelete