Saturday, October 6, 2018

Halloween -- Spooky and Fun Decor

Halloween.....that eerie time of year when darkness comes to us quicker in the day and when there is a chill in the air from the whirling wind that sends colorful leaves in piles against the iron fence that is silhouetted against the blackened sky.  Who can resist getting into the decorating mood for this hair-raising, spooky night?

Here are a few frightful ideas you might want to try yourself to add a few simple touches of creepy fun to your home.

First, you may recognize this burlap wreath that I keep on my door for most of the year.  I just changed out the bow with a black and gold glitter chevron bow and tied in my lit, candy-holding gold pumpkin and it becomes a ghostly, but decorative and functional Halloween piece for the door.










And add a bag or two of candy for those adorable little trick-or-treaters.






Make that three or four bags of treats...............




Now that it is dark, we are ready for those little ghosts and goblins to come to the door.









A flickering tea light makes this smiley pumpkin candy holder wink and blink at each and every visitor.




A few of these cute little bats came to visit and linger on the front porch.  I think they like the gold pumpkin and maybe were enticed by the scent of the chocolate candy.




They even come to visit all dressed up in black lace.










Some even come dressed up in a bit of gold bling.  So formal for such a casual occasion, don't you think?













These frightful little creatures all dressed in black lace and gold glitter are lined with a wire pipe cleaner so they are easily bendable and can pose for the camera when they land on the  branches. 























These cute little friends dress up our black and white striped straws for our "Time To Celebrate" mason jars.    Everyone is excited and can't wait until they are filled with flavorful apple cider.



















Can you tell...we went a little batty again this year for Halloween?  I hope you have a fun time decorating for the little ghosts and goblins in your neighborhood.

********************

Note to the dear friends who read my blog and take time to make a comment.   I am having a great deal of trouble with my comment function of my Google Blogger blog.  I do not receive any notification of any incoming comments on my recent or older articles in my Google email.  Therefore, I have no indication that someone is writing to me unless I check back to any of my posted articles.

Furthermore, at times when I make a comment back or to other's articles, my outgoing comments do not show up.  I have notified Google repeatedly and their comment back was that the team was working on it.  It  has been months and it is still not corrected.  If anyone who has had this problem with their own blog and have resolved it, I would greatly appreciate any tips or instructions so that I may correct this is and be able to correspond with my good friends and readers of my blog.  Thank you in advance.

9 comments:

  1. Your front porch is wonderful! I'd love to have that wreath. Each picture made it better. I kept thinking I like that - wait I like that - no it's better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much,Carol. I am so glad you liked it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your front door is wonderful. What a treat it will be for anyone coming to your door. I love the addition of the Jack-o-lantern to the burlap wreath. What fun your home must be at Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your front door makes me want to come there and be a trick or treater, and if you by any chance are giving out almond joys there will be NO stopping me!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great wreath and love the bats and spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever decor! I'm just putting some Halloween things out tonight. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love that wreath! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs! I had a similar problem with comments and was able to fix it...email me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of changing out the wreath to make it a Halloween wreath. The bats look great. Thanks for sharing at the Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Party.

    ReplyDelete