These sweet candies are super fun and make a humorous but welcomed gift for almost any occasion. Here is how you can make them in several easy steps. (The recipe with also a printable version, is given at the end of this post.)
1. Microwave or melt your 10 oz. bag of chocolate chips.
2. Cut the pretzel rods to 3 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Cut the caramel candies in half.
4. Roll the caramel piece between your fingers until it becomes more rounded.
5. Carefully attach the caramel piece to the cut end of the pretzel rod.
6. Now it is time for dipping. Carefully place the pretzel rod into the melted chocolate covering it completely.
7. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off and let dry or harden on wax paper.
8. When the chocolate is hard, decorate the bottom of the clothespin with an upside down "V" with royal icing to form the split of the clothespin.
Give as a gift in a treat/snack "clothespin" bag sealed with a warmhearted note and a mini clothespin.
For a printable version of this recipe, just click on the picture in the recipe below.
1 (10 oz.) bag of Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips (milk, semi-sweet or bittersweet)
1 bag (12 oz) pretzel rods
1 bag Kraft caramels
Small portion of royal icing for decorating.
Melt chocolate chips in microwave or in fondue pot. Cut pretzel rods into 3 ½ inch pieces. Cut caramel squares in half and roll between your fingers to form a ball. Carefully, squeeze caramel onto cut top of rod. Dip into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to harden. Using a pastry bag filled with white royal icing, decorate bottom of the clothespin with an upside down “v” to form the split of the clothespin. Let royal icing dry. Enjoy your “laundry day”.