Monday, May 30, 2016

Black and White Farm Tablescape 2016

I love the month of June.  It is a month that offers so many long-awaited activities.  One of those activities is Breakfast on the Farm during June Dairy Month in Wisconsin where you can tour different farms each year and learn what goes into operating a dairy farm.  Each year the Manitowoc County tour includes a scrumptious breakfast consisting of a ham and egg omelet, sausage, cheese, cinnamon bread and butter, yogurt, doughnut holes, coffee, milk or juice and a yummy ice cream sundae.  All for $7 for adults and $4 for children between the ages of 5-10 and free for children 4 and under.  Other counties in Wisconsin offer tours as well, but some do not include the same delicious menu items. 



This year the 27th Annual Manitowoc County Breakfast on the Farm will be at the Strutz Farm at 7500 Irish Road  in Two Rivers, Wisconsin on June 12, 2016.  The farm established in 1898 is now run by the fifth generation owners and houses 1,050 milking cows and 500 calves. The event will be between 8:00 a.m. and noon.

Such a fun and educational event always inspires me to set a table with a farm related theme.  This year I choose to do my farm tablescape in black and white and with a pop of red.











Remember, if you happen to visit Wisconsin, but just not at this time on June 12th, there is always another Breakfast on the Farm event in some other county throughout Wisconsin.  Just check the listing on the the following website, Dairy Days of Summer.

So come on over to Breakfast on the Farm for Mooo....re of a great time. 


Be sure to stop back again to The Little Yellow Corner Store for the upcoming post on my visit to the lovely historical village of Pinecrest Village.  If you would love to take a step back in time, this is a place to visit. 

10 comments:

  1. So cute, love your black and white farm tablescape. Love the chicken plates and so perfect for a farm tablescape. So many excellent touches to your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Such a charming tablescape. I love the black and white. You have some amazing dishes and accessories. Loved the last photo as well, the cows are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white is always classic! Your tablescape is very inviting! Love your cow pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love your tablescape. Yes, I love the black and white, but I also enjoy the casual country feel to your table! Thanks so much for sharing over at the Celebrate Your Story! link party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tablescape. I always enjoy seeing the black and white check pattern and I like the mix of farm animals you included. Cute centerpiece! I have visited Wisconsin and we stopped at a farm that made cheese for sale. We went through an area that showed part of the process of making cheese. I have to say that the best cottage cheese I've ever eaten came from Wisconsin! The breakfast you described sounds fantastic and what a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is so cute - love the black and white checks, the plates, and all the accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's all so adorable, I just love the cute piggies and cow accessories! Black & white is the perfect backdrop too, charming!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so stinkin' cute! As a lover of dishes and all things tablescape, this one really makes me happy. I love black, yellow & white, and all the farm touches really take it over the top. So glad to see this be featured on DIDI!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so stinkin' cute! As a lover of dishes and all things tablescape, this one really makes me happy. I love black, yellow & white, and all the farm touches really take it over the top. So glad to see this be featured on DIDI!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  10. The polka dots, the touches of red and yellow, the details such as the eggs and napkin rings, all ADORABLE!

    What a fun event to have, and the breakfast sounds like the icing on the cake.

    (I've tried to visit you from your URL via my blog for a while but it comes up as a 404 error page. Today I just hopped on over directly).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete