Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Creating Happiness with an Easter Tablescape-A Hoppy and a Giddy of a Good Time

Is there such a thing as creating happiness with the design of a tablescape?  Can you provide others with a little sunshine in the day through the use of cheerful table decor?  Of course, I believe you can.  I believe that "putting your heart and soul" into selecting a tablescape design and color can evoke a feeling or emotion that can change anyone's mood entirely.  (Quite important therapeutic tool, don't you agree?) So, yes, of course, you can elicit an uplifting response like optimism, laughter or joy just from the pieces and colors that you choose to display.  As a stylist, changing out a seasonal tablescape from one table setting to another, particularly one from this winter in Wisconsin to the upcoming spring is particularly noticeable in changing an outlook.   

This Easter holiday will generate one of those noticeable and remarkable changes.  For me, just changing colors from winter green to the warmth of stunning, summer yellow, I found myself exhilarated and full of energy.  The use of a bright, sunny yellow tablescape, including vivid colored tulips works beautifully with a touch of black and white polka-dots and stripes.  The contrast between the bright yellow color and black help make the yellow stand out even brighter and most certainly captures attention.  Playful and lively and beaming with pizazz, this brilliant yellow Easter tablescape will make your heart skip a beat.  




This week The Little Yellow Corner Store will participate in an Easter Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by our friend, Rita, from Panoply.  This hop begins on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 and includes designers who have created some of the best Easter tablescapes.  Please visit each of their links at the bottom of this post for great ideas. 

Who can refrain from smiling when seeing this cute black and white polka-dot bunny as a centerpiece and inspiration for an Easter tablescape.  The stuffed bunny comfortably settled among black and white striped, polka-dot and checkered eggs, appears to be taken from a child's toy chest and immediately sets a whimsical, playful tone to the table. He sits among the flowers with a pleasant curious gaze as if in anticipation of a surprise or fascination of something being said.  Maybe he is waiting for the dish of carrots to be passed?







Black and white polka dot napkins folded into Easter bunny ears mirrors that polka-dot centerpiece bunny and polka-dot egg pick tucked into each of the floral vases filled with yellow and white tulips.   






A bold black and white striped dinner plate gives each placesetting a dramatic appeal, especially as it is surrounded with a bright yellow placemat and ice cream sundae dish.  



Combining a white lace napkin with another white napkin trimmed with yellow ric-rac, adds some delicate frill to each setting.  







Who would think this pink nosed bunny would be enough to say so much about this table and its surroundings?  





Each year for Easter, I explore websites and recipe books for new simple desserts to serve at Easter.  Most often, I stay with the traditional desserts like a cream torte or a coffeecake, but when the holiday occurs with no visiting family, a dessert with a serving for two is a good choice, especially one that might be considered a little healthier than others.  

Some Chocolate Peanut Butter Chai Seed Pudding is the perfect dessert for just the two of us and, at times, a quick and easy dessert for company that drops in unannounced.  



Oh so chocolatey and creamy and with just the right amount of sweetness.  Way better than the boxed pudding mix, it is rich and decadent without excess sugar and with the health benefits of chai seeds.  Of course, I topped it off with a few white sprinkles and green "grass" sprinkles and a yellow Easter Bunny Marshmallow Peep.



There are many recipes in Pinterest for a variety of flavors of Chai Seed Puddings, but I seem to favor the chocolate and peanut butter combination.  Here is the recipe that I followed:


Chocolate Peanut Butter Chai Seed Pudding

1 cup of milk

2-3 T maple syrup

3 T creamy peanut butter

1 1/2 T cocoa powder

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1/4 C chai seeds

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate several hours until it is thickened.  Top with whipped cream, chocolate chips or chopped nuts.  





Now let's hop on over to the other stylists who created some of the most delightful Easter tablescapes.



Home is Where the Boat Is - Cottontail Farms
Everyday Living - The Blessing of Easter
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - One Happy Bunny
Bleu Belle Interiors - Spring Brings Joy
Living With Thanksgiving - Easter Fun
Hyacinths for the Soul - Springtime Pleasures
The Painted Apron - Carrots and Cottontails
My Thrift Store Addiction - Egg-cited for Spring Breakfast Table
Celebrate and Decorate - Spring Table Decor
Red Cottage Chronicles - Blue and White Tablescape for Spring
Thrifting Wonderland - Spring Forward Tablescape


Happy Easter!!!

24 comments:

  1. Marsha, I can completely relate to the joy that colour brings after a long winter. Being in Canada, it is not unexpected to see snow into April! Yellow is such a sunny and happy colour. I love how you have paired it with black. It is reminiscent of bumble bees that start to show themselves in the spring. Your centrepieces with yellow tulips are gorgeous. But, I think my favourite thing is that yummy chocolate pudding with the yellow peep on top! So cute! Happy spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely spring table setting! I love the color palette you selected and you peeps desserts! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely accomplished your goal of making an impact on your readers. All that sunny yellow lifted my spirits immediately. Loved the accents of black and white. Somehow it made the yellow even brighter. The bunny centerpiece is great and really sets the stage for the place settings. the black and white striped plates are perfect with the yellow dessert bowls. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and surprising Easter table --- I love the black and white with punches of daffodil yellow color scheme! You've inspired me to mix my holiday setting up with year using black and white strip chargers for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun Marsha, sunshine smiles! Black and white plays well with all the colors and it is certainly having fun with your Spring sunshine yellow! The bunny is adorable, and I love the black and white dotted bunny ear napkins joining him :) Tulips are such a great choice to bring Spring to the table, and the frilly lacy napkins mimic them! I love the black striped plates and the yellow sherbet bowls remind me of a daffodil! Your chocolate pudding sounds amazing I have pinned that to try very soon!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, thanks for including the recipe because it's such a cute idea with the Peeps! Even though my daughters are grown, they would love it. The black, yellow, and white is unique for spring, and I think you table is so cute with the black and white bunny and eggs. Black and gold/yellow is a favorite color combination of mine! The yellow dessert compotes look like yellow flowers. So cute for spring! My favorite are the ric rac and lace trimmed napkins. Your table is darling, and I hope you have a wonderful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Marsha, Your tables always exude cheerfulness and the joy of the current season or holiday! I love the combination of black and white with sunshine yellow. Love your sweet bunny and polka dot eggs…whisk them away and add bees and you have another ‘ode to spring’ table! I’ve never heard of chai seed pudding but love their thickening power and healthy omega-3s in a smoothie. As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table again and hop with you. I hope Spring arrive soon in your neck of the woods. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I most definitely agree that setting a beautiful table can create happiness in the home (as well as in the person styling it!), especially as we go from winter to spring. Your table is a welcoming transition of the seasons, with both masculine and feminine appeal, my favorite way to style a table. The black & white grounds the entirety while the bright yellow lends itself to a very cheerful, 'look at me' flair. That cute polka dot bunny reminds me of the bunny on Ann's Peter Rabbit plates, longingly appealing for a carrot or other garden treat. Speaking of treats, those yellow sundae dishes are showstopping beauties, and I am pinning that wonderful dessert, perfect for 2! Marsha, I'm so happy you continue to inspire and be inspired with creative tablescaping. Thank you for being part of the group, and happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marsha, this is a fun tablescape and I happen to love your black and white with the bright yellow accents.The black and white bunny and all the black and white details are perfect. I always enjoy your recipes that you include and this one is so cute with the yellow peep proudly standing atop the pudding. I agree with Ricki that the ric rac and lace trimmed napkins are a favorite on your table. Wishing you a beautiful spring and Easter season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha, What a striking color combination.
    Your yellow compotes are darling and your dessert is intriguing. I must say I have not tasted chai seed pudding before. The Easter peeps look so cute on top.
    That is the cutest polka dot bunny with yellow floral accents. You have mixed dots, stripes, and solids, so effectively with your vibrant yellow and black and white color combo.
    Have a wonderful Easter. So nice to hop with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kari @ Me and My CaptainMarch 22, 2023 at 1:53 PM

    Marsha....each time we hop together, you show and inspire me to go to the next level. I adore the bright yellow dessert dishes (especially filled with the chocolate peanut butter chai dessert...yummy) and the polka dot bunny is so cute. I also like the tulips and decorated eggs. The white napkins with the yellow ric-rac reminded me of my Mother as she sewed a lot and always had cards and cards of ric-rac. Thanks for the memories. I couldn't help but look past the bright and cheery table to the cold Wisconsin weather out your bank of windows. However, I did not feel the cold but more the warmth and coziness of your pretty table. Thank you for your burst of Spring and Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marsha, I love the colors you chose for your Easter tablescape. They are not the typical colors when you think of Easter, but they are wonderfully crisp, bright, and fresh! The black and white polka dot bunny is adorable and the black and white eggs really pop. That black and white striped plate is quite striking and I love how you paired it with the black polka dot napkins and the white napkins - especially the one with the yellow ric-rac. Love the yellow sherbet dishes too. Beautiful table! It was lovely hopping with you and I wish you a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Black and white plus yellow makes an eye-catching palette for a table that had me smiling with every photo! The yellow is as bold as the black and together the effect is spirited, fun and stylish. I love the polka dot bunny and the black/white bunny ears. The vintage sherbet glasses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marsha, you had me at black and white with yellow accents. What a fun table for Easter. Perfect for the Peeps! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is so cheerful, Marsha!! I am a pattern person so I love the polka dots and stripes. Love the Peep bunny in the dessert cup- the chai seed pudding sounds wonderful, I will have to try it! I hope you have a blessed Easter and a wonderful spring 🌷🌼🌱

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marsha, I always love seeing your beautiful tables. I am so sorry if you have not received my comments in the past. I always just thought you had to approve the comment first. The spring table you have set this year definitely makes me smile with all the happy sunny yellow color throughout. The polka dotted bunny is precious standing guard over your spring table. The napkins with lace are such a pretty touch. The pudding sounds wonderful and looks so festive! You always share the most wonderful desserts! It is always a joy to join you on these hops. Happy spring! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marsha, I completely agree that changing the colors in your home can brighten your mood! Yellow has got to be one of the most uplifting colors, too. It really pops mixed with your black and white accents. I especially love the bunny ear napkin fold. It was fun hopping with you again. Happy Spring :)
    Rebecca (Zucchini Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't see how anyone can look at your gorgeous tablescape and not be lifted up! I smiled my way through your whole post and you gave some wonderful ideas too! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your table is so cheery with the yellow accents! The bunny napkin fold is adorable and the striped dishes are fabulous!! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marsha, your table is so cheerful!! I love the joyful pops of yellow! Your yellow sundae dishes are particularly fabulous!!!

    Your dessert looks delicious too! So fun!

    It’s so fun to party with you!!

    xoxo, Jennifer at CelebratingEverydayLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a fun tablescape! I love those additions of black-- most people do not think black, yellow, and white for Easter but with all your adorable touches it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable table you have styled, Marsha! I love the bold black and white contrasted with the bright and cheery yellow! You have incorporated so many cute elements with these three colors. The black and white striped plates, the cute yellow rick rack trimmed napkins and of course that cute little bunny! What a happy, happy table for springtime!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your tablescape for Easter. The bunny with the pink nose is perfect for the centerpiece too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a great idea with the napkins... I am going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete