Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Day at the Rahr Art Museum for the Art of Tablesetting Exhibit

Why is October such an exciting time here in our area of Wisconsin?  Of course, not only is it so captivating outside with the beautiful changes of Autumn and the many colors at its peak, but it is also my yearly participation in the Art of Tablesetting Exhibit at the Rahr West Art Museum in Manitowoc, Wisconsin which runs from October 11, 2015 to November 8, 2015.  The exhibit was created over thirty years ago by the founder, Ms. Ruth West who started the exhibit of tablesetting with her own tablescape, but also opened it up to the community to partake with their own interpretations.  This season's tablescapes are set and the exhibit is up and running with people coming from all over the state and, in some cases, the country to view this community contributed art. 

Today was my yearly visit to the museum with my sister for a viewing of all the exhibits, including our own, as well as a time to have a "sister day"; a day to visit the exhibit, have coffee and enjoy a leisurely afternoon together.  This year, I am so proud to announce that my sweet sister was also a participant in the exhibit for the first time and created a tablescape that was exceptionally well done and outstanding.   (I say this not because she is my special sister, but that I truly believe she has a God-given talent and ability for design in anything, including tablesetting.)  Her unique creativity and talent really excelled and was expressed in her tablescape entitled, "Everything Santa".   I believe it takes some one who is truly imaginative and inspiring to be able to marry both the fun and magical fantasy of Santa with the true religious Christian meaning of the Christmas holiday with the birth of baby Jesus.  She achieves this by incorporating both her fondness for whimsy with polka dot plates, peppermint striped gifts and whimsical Santa figurines with her loving and unwavering devotion to her faith with the use of the kneeling Santa next to baby Jesus figurine as the main centerpiece of the tablescape.

I hope you enjoy the following pictures.  Next week's post will include some of the remaining tablescapes from the museum, including some pictures of my own tablescape entitled, "A Walk Though the Woods".  So I welcome you to come back next week, curl up with a hot cup of cider, tea or coffee and view this extraordinary exhibit from The Little Yellow Corner Store.








4 comments:

  1. What a darling table your sister put together! I do believe I have the same chargers too!

    These events are so much fun, and we are planning our own in November. Looking forward to seeing 'A Walk in the Woods'. Sounds very 'log cabiny' ;).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the whimsy. I love the Santa Clause hot chocolate cups, they are perfect for this happy and fun tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your sister's first table she did an awesome job.I hope she's hooked like the rest of us. i would love to spend a day looking at tablescapes how cool is that ? great way to spend with each other. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing some Christmas already! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete