Saturday, March 8, 2014

Going on a Safari

I anxiously await a beautiful Spring and the hope that accompanies Easter.  When I look at the calendar, of course, I see that I have some time to go.  It may be too soon to bring out the bunnies, eggs and ducks for an Easter tablescape.  So I have opt to create a Safari tablescape while I wait for April.  My inspiration was the lovely plate from Kenya.   It is not made of wood, but is extra heavy.  My guess would be it is made out of soapstone, but I will need to do more research.  So I purchased the thin-necked giraffe at a second hand shop and added it to my collection.  Hopefully, the rustic feel adds to the safari look.  The beautiful tablecloth was lovingly sewed by my sweet daughter from our purchase at a fabric store.  It is something even more special since we did it together.  (I always cherish those mother-daughter outings.)  So here it is, I hope you find it very pleasing and puts you in the mood to be adventurous (maybe  even on a Safari).


Need an inspiration piece-the striped plate from Kenya
Need an inspiration piece-the striped plate from Kenya
Collecting themed items-giraffe, elephants, leopard balls
Collecting themed items-giraffe, elephants and leopard balls
Use of color-brown, gold and green
Use of color-brown, gold and green
Use of black color to tie it all together
Use of black color to tie it all together
Use of texture-wood, grapevines and antler flatware
Use of texture-wood, grapevines and antler flatware
Use of patterns-paisley, leopard and stripe
Use of pattern-paisley, leopard and stripe


No comments:

Post a Comment