Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Summer Garden Tablescape

Greetings from the lush green farm fields and warm (even hot), sunny Wisconsin.  Whether you are a new visitor to The Little Yellow Corner Store or a frequent reader, I wish to thank you all for joining me for the first time or all the time.  I do not often get a chance to respond to those of you who are so kind to leave a comment on my posts since the program used to create the blog allows me to reply only to those with known email addresses.   Therefore, I make every effort to communicate with you in Facebook, if you happen to participate in it.  If I can not reach out to you because you do not use Facebook, please accept my apologies and know that I am grateful for your visit and comment to The Little Yellow Corner Store.   It is always a pleasure to hear from you and your comments are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

That being said, I wish to welcome you to this week's viewing of A Summer Garden Tablescape.  I am so happy to be participating with my garden tablescape during this week's Late Summer Tablescape Blog Hop with other designers, including our host, Ms. Chloe Crabtree of Celebrate and Decorate.  The hop includes some very lovely summer tablescapes and will be featuring several blogs each day during the week beginning Monday, August 12, 2019 to Friday, August 16, 2019.  Please see the list of designers and their links below for the complete schedule for the week.  It is certain that you will appreciate summer and will want it to last even longer when you take a glimpse at these exquisite tablescapes from these remarkable designers.

This Summer Garden Tablesape incorporates some of what late summer is all about, which is the grand harvest of the garden's fruits and vegetables.  Such abundance of fruits and vegetables makes for a beautiful and colorful tablescape centerpiece.  Scattered about the middle of the table with a charming ceramic rooster basket, it perfectly complements the colorful plates and napkins that gives it a feel of the Mediterranean.



If you look carefully, you will see the simple design element on these inexpensive round placemats that I knew would be perfect for this tablescape.  I just love the tiny multi-colored beads that are sewn around the entire edge of the placemat.  It is a small detail, but I thought it speaks volumes in this setting.













Each place setting is topped with a bright and bold sunflower which brings a smile at the start of the meal.







Now to begin....lets enjoy a antipasto platter made up of cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, red pepper sticks, prosciutto wrapped mozzarella sticks, green and black olives, salami slices, cheeses, grapes and spicy red pepper spread.  All of the delicious variety of food is served with warm bread slices.  It looks as pretty as the table itself, don't you agree?







Look closely, you may find something unusual.  The special plate used for the antipasto platter is made in Italy.  It is a white plate trimmed with a ribbon of light green which runs around the edge of the plate and into the attached bowl.  What makes this plate even more unique is the two small ceramic "pea pods" attached to one of the corners on the plate.  Can you find it among the tasty pieces?

























There it is.....do you see it?  The two ceramic pea pods.  So cute.













What do you think of when you are asked what a late summer table might be?  Buon Appetito!

Now on to other's interpretation of a late summer tablescape.  I hope you will enjoy their fine work.



Please visit the following links on each day throughout the week:


Monday


Tuesday


Wednesday


Thursday


Friday


32 comments:

  1. First time visitor. Interesting postings. I intend to return. Thanks. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer tablescape made me feel like I was in Provence, France. Blue and yellow combined with goodness from the garden makes for a colorful and beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely late summer table. I am ready to sit down and enjoy your lovely antipasto! Your edible centerpiece is such a lovely complement to the antipasto platter. I am so glad you shared the close up of the pea pods on the platter, I kept scrolling slowly through the photos trying to spot them! Thank you for joining in another hop and sharing your table styling talents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mediterranean was my immediate impression when I glanced at the first photo, Marsha. WHat a gorgeously appropriate late summer tablescape with the rainbow of colors in both the food and table elements! That antipasto platter is exactly the kind of food I enjoy through the summer months - quick, easy, delicious. I would wholeheartedly enjoy sitting on the porch as your guest. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh and abundant just like summer produce! Your antipasto platter is too cute and your charcuterie display is a masterpiece! Love the sunflower on each gorgeous plate!! Beautiful!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your Mediterranean setting, it is just perfect for a late summer tablesetting. The antipasto platter looks so delicious, I think I will have a seat to enjoy. The platter is really lovely as is your centerpiece. Thank you Marsha for whisking me away to memories of our trip to Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a lovely colorful table to sit down and dine at. Truly Mediterranean. Vibrant colors to entice the palette. Your display of antipasto is so appetizing. You have created a feast for the eyes. Love your centerpiece. I would be thrilled to be your guest. Thank you Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here it is still breakfast time in Pittsburgh, but you have me salivating for the antipasto and opening a bottle of vino! Like Pam, this tablesetting took me back to our trip to Athens and Greek cruise last summer. Love those placemats; perfect for the table, and so versatile for other tablescapes. Best of all is how you used a bounty of foods to create a fabulous setting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colorful, fun, and inviting table. Love your antipasto plater! Looks scrumptious.
    I'm loving your dish stack with the pretty sunflower, abundant summer bounty for a centerpiece, and such cute placemats.
    Always a pleasure to blog hop with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow, wow, the colors are so vivid! I'm always a fan of an edible centerpiece and you really went all out for this one. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your vibrant colors and the lovely antipasto platter--yum! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous Summertime Table! Full of color and delicious delights!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving all the colors! You are spot on with the bountiful harvest of fruits and vegetables as a stunning centerpiece. Your beautiful plate stacks are reminiscent of a lovely dinner in a Tuscan garden!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marsha, Your table is so vibrant and stunning! I'm loving the blue, red and yellow color scheme. I just love how you used the season's bounty of fresh fruit and veggies as your centerpiece. I agree that your antipasto platter looks as pretty as the table! It's the perfect casual summer meal. It's always a pleasure to join you on these hops!
    Rebecca (Zucchini Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. I wish you had little pin it buttons on these photos. It's great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely comes alive with all these vibrant colors and amazing looking food. Such a beautiful table setting . It was so much fun to see it. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. The table is so vibrant. Colorful and delectable. The crockery has been careful selected and the way the each color compliments the other is amazing..... Would love to sit at such a table and have a hearty meal

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the color!! for so long you went through blog land and everything was white, white and more white. Give me a little color! and you did! That sunflower just pops off those vivid blue plates, so pretty and festive. Beautiful table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marsha, I love the vibrant colors from your dinnerware with the bright pop of yellow from the sunflower to colorful and edible runner down the center of the table! Your linens and placemats complement the setting perfectly and your antipasto tray, delicious! It’s always a treat to blog hop with you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty and luscious table setting... nice cool foods for a hot summer's day! I just ate... and want to eat this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty and looks delectable! Thanks for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Mediterranean vibe makes me want to sit here and enjoy the meal and conversation which I imagine to be quite lively. I love the vibrant colors and the summer feeling of this table. It's the little details which make the whole picture better so I love the beads on your placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You created a wonderful colorful tablescape filled with lots of yummy things to eat ( I love the ceramic pea pods). Your vibrant colors remind me of Greece and shout, "celebrate summer". Everything looks fantastic! Of course, I pinned and it's a pleasure to be on the hop with you xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the vibrant colors. While everyone else was decorating with earth tones (definitely pretty), I have hung on to my bright colors! They are so cheery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love love the blue dishes with the sunflowers!!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very Pretty table, so bright and cheerful! And, your food looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What pretty colours, and I love how you've used natural materials in your tablescape as well. The food looks very delicious as well! Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous table setting! I love the beaded placemats! Thanks for linking up with us at the #GatheringofFriendsLinkParty 4

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your tablescape is so vibrant with color, I love the sunflowers.Thank you for sharing on #omhgff last week, be sure to stop by this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. As I mentioned earlier, I love the addition of Sunflowers, they make anything beautiful!!
    Thank you for sharing last week on #omhgff, this week it is one of my features, stop by and share again! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a vibrant summer table! I love all of the details! From the beaded placemats to the sunflowers on each plate, you thought of everything! The beautiful harvest centerpiece and antipasto platter look absolutely amazing! So happy to be on this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I feel like I just visited Provence Marsha! The colors are spectacular and that platter has made me oh so very hungry! No lie. I am logging off now to eat breakfast ;).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete